1. My grandmother, born in a tiny town in Iowa (pop. less than 200), spoke Irish as a child, and I wish that total assimilation had not been the model of the day.
2. When I grow up, I want to be a superhero, but the kind with sensble shoes and athletic wear.
3. When I was a teenager, I rebelled against my parents by speaking out and agitating for left-wing causes. Imagine my disappointment to discover in college and after that my parents had believed in most of the same things I was agitating for, but just didn’t tell me.
5. I used to carry my passport in my backpack just in case I had to travel abroad at a moment’s notice.
6. My top 5 favorite books of all time in no particular order are Stranger in a Strange Land (Robert Heinlein), The Diamond Age (Neil Stephenson), American Gods (Neil Gaiman), The Mists of Avalon (Marion Zimmer Bradley), and The Poisonwood Bible (Barbara Kingsolver).
7. I don’t like to see movies in the theater.
8. Despite the fact that I spend much of my time speaking, I’m terrible at meeting new people. I never know what to say.
And I would tag Beth Burch, Miriam Cherry, Orly Lobel, Angela Onwuachi-Willig, and Paul Secunda.