From the FLP mailbox, this CFP:
Call for Papers: Generations of Feminism
The editors of thirdspace: a journal of feminist theory and culture invite submissions for a themed issue of their journal, “Generations of Feminism.” We welcome papers on subjects including (but not limited to):
- Contemporary and historical debates and discussions about generational divides within feminism(s)
- Reflections on geographic and global distinctions within debates and discussions about generationality and feminism
- The politics of seniority and generation in feminist organizations, activist groups, and academic communities
- The notion of feminist “waves” and its remaking, conceptualization, and contemporary relevance
- The issue of “mother-daughter” dynamics within feminist movements and theories, and in society more broadly
- The ways in which race, class, and sexuality impact (or are left out of, or marginalized within) debates about feminism and generationality
- How different generations of feminists define and reshape ideologies and practices of feminism(s)
To be considered for this special issue, submissions must be received by February 28th, 2011.
We welcome submissions from a wide range of disciplinary and geographical perspectives. Submissions from researchers working within, or among, the disciplines of geography, sociology, literature, area studies, cultural studies, film/media studies, art, history, education, law, and women’s/gender studies are particularly encouraged.
We accept the submission of work from scholars of any rank or affiliation, and encourage submissions from emerging feminist scholars, including graduate students.
All submissions to the journal must be submitted electronically through our online submission process. All submissions are peer-reviewed by established, senior feminist scholars. For more information on our publishing policies see here.
To submit: Please follow theonline submission process here. For more information, please contact email@example.com.