From the FLP mailbox, this CFP:
Sex::Tech is the premier event for health professionals; technology experts; researchers and educators; community leaders and advocates; parents and young people to advance sexual health awareness, knowledge, and strategies. This annual gathering is hosted by ISIS Inc. [Internet Sexuality Information Services], a California-based nonprofit providing leadership, innovation, education, and research for technology to promote sexual health, healthy relationships, and disease prevention.
Proposal Abstracts Due: 18 Nov 2011
Selection Notification: 16 Dec 2011
Conference: 1-3 Apr 2012
Sex::Tech is organized along four main conference tracks. We invite abstracts of 250 words or less, related to the overall goal of the conference, that fit within one of these tracks.
(1) Healthy Sexuality among youth and young adults, programs or research pertaining to LGBTQ youth, young MSM, or youth of color.
(2) Field Insights that provide data for evidence-based program design, focused on teen pregnancy reduction, STI/STDs, or intimate partner violence prevention.
(3) Grassroots Advocacy for sexual health and reproductive rights leveraging use of technology at the community level.
(4) “I’m A… XYZ” professional education sessions that describe work experience on behalf of youth-focused public health and/or technology.
Particular emphasis in session ideas addressing one or more of the following areas/audiences:
– Youth-led innovations and campaigns
– Technology innovation for public health
– HIV/AIDS strategy and prevention
– Teen pregnancy prevention
– Intimate partner violence prevention
– STDs/STIs and young MSM
– Sexual health policy/advocacy (including youth LGBTQ)
– Sex education in learning environments
– Effective partnerships & collaboration (inter-agency, cross-sector, public-private-public interest, etc.)
Across all tracks we look for potential sessions that involve significant public health information or use of new media/online/mobile technology tools and resources. We fully encourage interactive, creative, non-traditional presentation formats.
More info available here.