The feminist journal Signs has added an on-line feature called Short Takes. Here’s the description:
Short Takes: Provocations on Public Feminism is a new open-access, online-first feature of Signs that examines books that have shaped popular conversations about feminist issues. This new section will examine a book that has had wide-ranging impact and reach (for better or worse!) and solicit short commentaries from leading feminist public intellectuals and activists. Rather than traditional book reviews, commentators are asked to ponder broader questions of reach and resonance: Why this? Why now? And what does this say about the state of the feminist zeitgeist?
The first “Short Take” is a series of essays on Roxanne Gay’s Bad Feminist. The essays are:
- Embodying Feminism by Jennifer Baumgardner
- Feminism for Badasses by Brittney Cooper
- Feminism for Those Who Don’t Like Feminists by Carla Kaplan
- On Imperfection and Its Comforts… by Patricia J. Williams
- “Bad Feminist,” Great Rhetorician by Naomi Wolf
The online collection is here.