I have updated my “Information for Submitting to Specialty Law Reviews and Journals in Gender, Women & Sexuality.” The most recent version dated July 13, 2021 is here.
The guide is modeled after the chart prepared by Professor Allen Rostron and Professor Nancy Levit at the University of Missouri Kansas City School of Law, and after my Information for Submitting to Online Law Review Companions. It contains information about twenty-seven (27) U.S.-based law reviews and journals classified under the subject “Gender, Women and Sexuality and Law” by the Washington & Lee Law Journal Rankings (here) or that are broadly related to social justice and five (5) additional journals that contain the word “gender” in their title, but are not listed in the Washington & Lee Law Journal Rankings. Within each category (W&L-ranked journals, then non-ranked journals) journals are listed in the order of the “rank” of the school, if any (as determined by the most recent US News overall ranking, not because that system merits endorsement, but because it is convenient). Specifically, the chart derives from the journals’ websites the following information:
- Name of the specialty journal
- Word count limitation, if any
- Preferred submission method
- Whether articles from online journal are included in HeinOnline’s Law Journal Library
- Other information of possible interest to authors
- US News ranking of affiliated school, if any
- W&L Law Journal Ranking within category of “Gender, Women and Sexuality,” by “combined” score for 2020 (most recent year available).
Corrections and updates are welcome.