Future Business Law Professors Conference
Presented by the John F. Scarpa Center for Law and Entrepreneurship
Friday, September 6, 2019
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
The John F. Scarpa Center for Law and Entrepreneurship will host the Future Business Law Professors Conference on Friday, September 6. All visiting assistant professors, fellows, researchers, law clerks, practitioners and others who are considering entering the higher education academic teaching market in business law – including business associations, securities regulation, corporate finance and business ethics – are invited to attend.
Registration is here.
Participants will learn more about the business law teaching market, receive advice on how to be a successful candidate and meet future colleagues. Attendees will have the opportunity to participate in mock interviews and get a sneak-peak into the hiring process from current business law faculty. Some will be able to present their job talk paper to leaders in the field and receive feedback.
Appointments committee members from any law school potentially hiring in the business law field are also invited to attend.
Senior faculty tentatively scheduled to attend include:
- Albert Choi (University of Michigan Law School)
- Jill Fisch (University of Pennsylvania Law School)
- Arthur Laby (Rutgers University Law School)
- Tom Lin (Temple University, Beasley School of Law)
- Andrew Lund (Villanova University, Charles Widger School of Law)
- Jennifer O’Hare (Villanova University, Charles Widger School of Law)
- Urska Velikonja (Georgetown University Law Center)